NOTICE: Gatherings of large groups for the purpose of any special event or meeting within the City of Westminster where more than (10) people will be present are not permitted at this time due to Colorado Public Health Order 20-23.

The Colorado Department of Health and Environment (CDPHE) is working to prevent the spread of novel coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) and issued Health Order 20-23 on March 19, 2020. The Order limits mass gatherings to no more than (10) people with social distancing in effect (minimum of six feet separation). The Order remains in effect until April 19, 2020, unless otherwise extended.

Gatherings subject to this Order include, but are not limited to, community, civic, public, leisure, faith-based events, sporting events with spectators, concerts, conventions, fundraisers, parades, fairs, festivals, and any similar event or activity that brings together (10) or more persons in any indoor or outdoor space.

Issuance of special event permits within the City of Westminster have been suspended until Public Health Order 20-23 has expired.


Reuniones o concentraciones de grupos grandes de 10 o mas personas en la Ciudad de Westminster no se permitiran debido o la Orden Publica del Estrado de Colorado 20-23.

El Departamento de Salud e Ambiente de Colorado (Colorado Department of Health and Environment, CDPHE, por sus siglas en ingles), esta trabajando para prevenir la propagacion del coronavirus (COVID-19) y emitio la Orden de Salud Publica 20-23 el 19 de marzo del 2020. Esta orden limita concentraciones de personas a no mas de 10, practicando distancia social (un minimo de 6 pies o 2 metrros). Esta orden permanecera en efecto hasta el 19 de abril del 2020, con la posibilidad de extenderla.

Reuniones dentro de esta orden incluyen, pero no estan limitada a eventos de la comunidad, civicos, publicos, ocio, fe, deportes, conciertos, convenciones, recolectas, desfiles, ferias, festivales u otros eventos similares donde haya una concentracion de mas de 10 personas afuera o adentro.

La Ciudad de Westminseter se adhiere a esta orden y suspende sus permisos de eventos publicos hasta que la Orden Publica del Estado de Colorado 20-23 se expire.


If you are planning an event that is open to the general public or expected to draw 25 persons or more, you will likely need to fill out this application. Only submit the forms applicable to your event.

When to apply:

The city requires that your completed event application be submitted 45 days in advance of your event. Exceptions to this deadline may be made at the discretion of the city depending on the particular circumstances. Certain procedures may be lengthy, such as acquiring proof of insurance, obtaining a liquor license, etc., so please plan accordingly.

After filling out the application:

When you have completely filled out the required forms, submit them with your application processing fee (this information is in the packet) to your contact (listed below) at City Hall, 4800 W. 92nd Ave., Westminster, CO 80031. We will contact you when your application has been reviewed by all of the appropriate city departments (within 30 days of submitting a complete application).

Special event on public (city) property: Hans Reichgelt, 303-658-2124
Special event on private property: Department of Community Development, 303-658-2114