Adventure Pass

The library's Adventure Pass program provides free access to explore cultural and recreational institutions in your community. Reserve a pass to a specific cultural or recreational institution on a particular day. Each pass has different terms and conditions. Call the Library at 303-658-2603, email or visit the Adventure Pass webpage for complete details.

Emergency and Essential Home Repair Program

The City of Westminster provides federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds for an Emergency and Essential Home Repair Program, which is intended to assist owner-occupied, low-income households in making repairs deemed essential to preserving the health, safety, and welfare of the home’s occupants. Up to $5,000 in eligible home repairs can be made free of charge to income-qualified households located within Westminster city limits (within both the Adams County and Jefferson County portions of the city). Funding is limited and applications are only accepted while funds are available. The city’s program is administered by the Jefferson County Housing Authority. 

Eligible repairs may include, but are not limited to: plumbing, carpentry, electrical, furnace and hot water heater repair or replacement, accessibility improvements, etc. 

To obtain a program application or for further information, contact Jefferson County Housing Authority at 303-403-5423 or visit the Jefferson County website.

Internet services in the library

The library's wireless network is open to all visitors free of charge and without filters. Learn more.

Library cards 

Your first Westminster library card is free. Since they are good for life, a library card provides access to everything the library offers – books, DVDs, magazines, research databases, computers, the Adventure Pass and more! It is the smartest card in your wallet. Get more information online or call 303-658-2601.

Program Eligibility Application Kit (PEAK)

PEAK is a quick and easy way for people in Colorado to get answers to questions on health, nutrition, and other assistance programs. You can access PEAK through your home computer or at either Westminster Public Library.


The Snowbuster program is a free service the city offers to seniors or disabled residents living within the city limits. Volunteers shovel the homeowner’s public walkway within 24 hours following a measurable snowfall. This is a volunteer service, so we may be unable to find a volunteer for you. Each snow season we have a waiting list for this service. To request this service, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 303-658-2159.

Story time

Free story times at the library for birth through age 5. Bring your child to experience the joy of learning to read through stories, songs, crafts, and dance. Your child will be ready to read when entering kindergarten! Click here to learn more or call the Children’s Library at 303-658-2606 or 303-658-2306.

Speak English 

Free morning and evening conversation groups to help you speak English more confidently. No sign up needed. 
Learn more or call 303-658-2313.

Citizenship Preparation Classes

Participants discuss and practice both written test questions and oral interview questions. Classes are open to all community members interested in finding out more about the citizenship process, not just those practicing for the test. No registration required.  Learn more or call 303-658-2313. 

Spanish Conversation Club

Join other Spanish speakers and practice your language skills in a fun and friendly atmosphere. Develop your Spanish while making new friends in a relaxed informal setting at this free program. Themes and games will be used to encourage conversation. The goal is to speak only Spanish during club meetings. 
Learn more or call 303-658-2603.

Job Hunt Help

Every Wednesday at the Irving Street Library from 5-7 p.m., free one-on-one help is available to job hunters. Get help with online applications, resumes and cover letters, and looking for job openings. Learn more or call 303-658-2303.

Computer classes 

Drop in for free, one-on-one technology help to better learn computers, tablets and eReaders at the Irving Street Library on Wednesdays at select times.
Click here to learn more or call 303-658-2313.

Standley Lake Programs

Standley Lake Regional Park offers a wide variety of nature programs for all ages and backgrounds to enjoy year-round. Topics range from learning about the park, hearing fun stories around a campfire or hiking to go see our resident Bald Eagles! For more information on future programs call 303-425-1097.

Special Events

Visit the events page to learn about the varied events offered by the city throughout the year, many of which are completely free to attend.

Hazardous Waste Program

The city contracts with Waste Management At Your Door Special Collection, Inc. to collect household hazardous waste directly from your home, by appointment, FREE of charge. 

Through this program, you may request a free home pick up of paint, stain, paint thinner, wood preservative, household cleaners, rust remover, tile/shower cleaner, compact fluorescent lamps, straight fluorescent tubes, motor oil, oil filters, gasoline, automotive fluids, vehicle batteries, pesticides, herbicides, fertilizer, insecticides, household batteries, televisions, computer monitors, swimming pool chemicals and more. 
Most of the materials collected through this program are sent for recycling. 

Get complete information about the program .

Mediation Services

Mediation is a way to solve problems and settle disagreements with neighbors, family members or people threatening to take you to court. It is faster, cheaper, easier and provides more control than going to court. It’s much better than letting issues fester, as typically the conflict only worsens. Jefferson County Mediation Services (JCMS) is the most comprehensive community mediation program in Colorado, providing the county with free mediation services for more than 20 years. 

JCMS offers free mediations services for most areas of conflict including: workplace disputes; neighbor-neighbor conflicts over noise, animals and property lines; contract disputes; landlord/tenant issues; truancy and other school problems; code enforcement issues; and family issues such as parenting and eldercare. 
Contact JCMS at to request a mediation form (also available on the JCMS website) or call 303-271-5060 to discuss your situation with a staff member.